Thursday, January 6, 2011

Universal Records Blog: Big Bang T.O.P's 10Asia Interview

Share
top Universal Records Blog: Big Bang T.O.P's 10Asia Interview
During the operation of their new song "Knockout," T.O.P, most of the time, either stood still or moved slowly when he rapped while his partner G-Dragon (GD) moved wildly around the stage. But no one would dare say he moves less for their execution of "Beauty" only becomes complete when GD`s swiftness is combined with T.O.

`s heaviness along with the front of their unique characters that are as unlike as their hairstyles. Furthermore, T.O.P has the power to `eat up` the interview with the most unexpected movements. He formerly used to be one of the five members of Big Bang who worried over his want of dancing skills but he can now capture people`s attention without so often as moving a muscle. Here is T.O.P`s remarks about acting on stage, his thoughts and his confidence.10: Of all the days, I`m interviewing you on Christmas (Laugh). You must already be exhausted from yesterday`s concert and here I am bothering you with this.T.O.P: It`s alright (Laugh). What did you conceive of our performance?10: I posted few photos from your concert on my Twitter account and was despised by a few followers. They called me selfish for having fun by myself (Laugh).T.O.P:I think I`ll give to say I`m thankful if they conceive of our concert that way. (Laugh) When doing concerts something can ever go wrong such as problem with sounds but it is our responsibility to create the best out of eve the worst situations. I`m also grateful to everyone who was there with us and how they put in much cause to assist us delight ourselves. It`s been a while since we`ve performed on televised shows as good but I feel heartened and happy performing thanks to their condition and great stage preparations.10: Your performance seems to have changed from the past. For example, at your YG Family Concert, you suddenly approached a fan in the standing area of the stage, stuck your face right in face of hers, and started rapping.T.O.P:It wasn`t anything calculated beforehand or anything. While playing together with Ji-yong [G-Dragon] we already own a show of what to do but all the little things are improvised. I guess that`s the kind of force we came to win while being in present concern for past few years. Just like with acting, the emotions we have are feelings that we get from our music, not something that`s pre-arranged. I think it comes from our confidence.10: You look to exude more authority in both the medicine in your newest album and stage manner. There is likewise a different form of simplicity we get from your smoky makeup with the song "Knockout" which is rather interesting. Any particular cause for such change?T.O.P:It`s more about how I questioned myself over the preceding year. In the past I used to inquire what am I really doing this. There were some parts that burdened me greatly, leaving me to question whether I`m doing something that may be too often for me. But as I grew older I changed the question. "What do people want from me?"10: The result was your confidence?T.O.P:Won`t people want to gain vicarious satisfaction from me and authority to go on with their lives? I think that was division of the ground my raps started to include lyrics like "Play it up," and same for the album. It`s not only to do something fancy or to bluff. Even if I read off a bit I wish those listening to my music have authority for themselves just wish I receive for my career. I`m not certain how listeners will assume it but I put a lot into that lyrics.10: Is that the understanding you started to share your list with a well-known brand, thus making a stain out your figure as well? It seems like you were saying toward those who find you "You can remove me as you like. So I am."T.O.P:I became a bit bold. Actually my very self if more of a thinker, worrying about much of things and careful about things like that. But when reasoning about what people want from me and what could be the proper thing to do, I decided that carrying on like this would be lots more refreshing. I like people who are feeling blue to find better as they listen to this music. Whether this is just a showing off for me or not, I like the medicine to pass to them with ease, hopefully not too bossy (Laugh). I wanted to carry my sincerity at least once and I think that one way of expressing for me.10: You used to hold off impression of delving deeper into your inner self but now you`ve started to consider about your influence toward others as well. How was such substitution in thoughts possible?T.O.P:I believe I began to consider more widely around the man I go in. World is such a bustling place yet much of people now go through difficult times, unable to increase energy from that vigor. And those are the masses who are so near to me, to Big Bang or at least those listening to our songs. I thinking I would wish them to feel vicarious happiness by listening to our music. It got me wanting to carry the way of feeling vicarious happiness in several roundabout ways.10: Are such thoughts from perceiving your office as a singer? If you want to do something for others you give to educate yourself to admit that often more responsibility.T.O.P:I used to detest and feel burdened by such jazz and concern from other mass in the past. I couldn`t enjoy any of it. But after letting go of my greed, I became more relaxed toward it. My ambition for music, the thoughts that I got to do something with my music which used to repair me melted away. In the past I remember frequently saying "Hope you wish it," whenever I issue a new song but now it doesn`t count if people don`t require much. Instead I came to mean that I shall be the individual who can amplify other`s expectations. I wish to deliver as often as I receive, urge myself to play harder to read music. There is so often I wanted to show.10: Is this linked to your present situation? You`ve been involved in acting but then proceeds to stream out your music all at once with the latest album.T.O.P:When I returned back from the picture "Into The Fire (2010) GD was already in the middle of doing his medicine and I resumed my berth in Big Bang. So often has changed in music world, great people out in the present and everything. Since I`d been away from that run for quite some time that gave me a second to measure backward and re-organize my thoughts.10: The way you carry yourself seems to get changed. Before, you said you act out a practical character but in recent album you likened yourself to "somebody you receive only through speaker or ear phone." Did you make a part out of yourself?T.O.P:Yes. We get to base before a great many people compared to our age. Of course we gained praise as good as criticism but after passing through that process repeatedly I became tired of it too. I wanted to sustain a certain degree of space from masses and to show myself entirely at present or in the music. But since satisfying the listeners comes as priority much of the reasoning was about how to best harmonize the two needs in qualification of the new album.10: You are in a sense, unrealistic, aren`t you? Big Bang members aren`t just the average lot.T.O.P:I do mean that. Sometimes when I possess a pledge with GD we do look great about how everything is going in our everyday lives but lonely at the same time. Although there are things difficult to hold at our age and things that we have lost out on, we also achieved only as much, which makes us think that we be in a dream world. Sometimes even we take difficulty identifying whether we experience in dream or reality.10: It must be tough, continuing to get judged by others, always forced to think in business mind-set while doing things your way.T.O.P:I remember most that all the time. But I guess I`ve reached close to the answer. In face of music, rather than thinking "what kind of music do people need and which trend should we follow," I think I should only do what I wish to do and try something I`ve never done before but not going too far with it. I have wonderful experts who can correct me if that happens so placing my trust on them, I would wish to follow new and if not bold, at least a bold direction in doing my music.10: Korea is not the better place for celebrity to be so you seemed to get somehow reached your own nirvana just like GD.T.O.P:Yup, my nirvana (Laugh). Just kidding. I just boldly let myself go (Laugh). I live there are people who regard me and other Big Bang members with some prejudice. But it doesn`t matter. Those are the perceptions that get us to continue improving. I don`t think I enjoy rude comments online but we try to do even harder because of such misunderstanding. Personally I believe the better piece of our Big Bang members is that we enjoy efforts of that kind. Not because they we need something but simply enjoying the process, which becomes our biggest strength.10: The lyrics by TOP in the latest album seem to be in that often more unique. Rapper is an artificial character yet it tells things that one wanted to say for oneself with the most confidence.T.O.P:When I decided to become partner with GD the foremost thing we discussed was to compose lyrics that alone we can write. After all we went through much expectations and criticism since young age. Amid all that we wanted to write story lyrics about ourselves. Some can only thought it as we`re just wide of ourselves. But we really wanted to compose lyrics that can defy denounce such thought when analyzing it word by phrase. Something like "This is what we are made of. Who are you to snub?"10: That`s what "Intro" part felt like. The good was nearer to old school hip hop, so it was like returning second to rap of back in middle school.T.O.P:That`s right. By giving a taste of old school hip hop I wanted to show the basis of GD and my music. At the same time I too wanted to ask which rap should be considered seriously as I`ve set out my account and my face in my own way.10: Is "Oh mom" a reverse expression of that thought? Unlike other songs you did with GD that piece expressed one`s inner self instead of how one I viewed outside.T.O.P:"Oh mom" is based on an actual episode. I can`t exactly detail on that but essentially it`s my letter to one friend who is very, very sick. It`s a very meaningful piece for me which wasn`t planned in the track listing but got included because I wanted it to be there badly.10: "Oh mom" was staged as rock music and the bone was made to sound loud as if a substantial performance. Is there special cause to making such choice? You could`ve taken the round part differently.T.O.P:I treasured it to go in a bit more analogue style. In other words, something warmer. These years the movement in music industry changes in crazy speed and rather a few songs get forgotten within the yoke of two or 3 weeks. At the same time it seems people are getting tired of music. Electronica music is dear to love but if one leans toward that too much it also wears people out too. So if not me, than for the interest of fans, I wanted to try something that sounds more analogue. And besides, GD and I are both start to get interested in rock. Our rap style changed quite a bit too. In the past I tried to break off a thicker and huskier sound but now I try to get up with more relaxed sound. Something like a hardwood of its original form (Laugh).10: I was quite impressed by a rap from "Baby Good Night." If the rap of your past was the form that tried to bear out of the voice to drive over the whole song, that particular rap was closer to melt into the phone as often as it can. Then there were lyrics that matched the voice of vocabularies like "whipping cream."T.O.P:It may be because we wished to carry our inner sentiment. As for "Baby Good Night" we took special attention to give out provocative elements so the listeners can without troubling about their ears. These days people say the call sounds too long if it goes over three minutes and same for the call that doesn`t get to you in a snap. But I think there are tons of medicine that are not boring without extra stimulation. So I wanted to tell people - those who like Big Bang, or GD and I - especially those in teens and in 20s that there are music of this way as well. Even if it`s long and out of trend, music is good music.10: I think that`s the place where your personal goal and thoughts for public meet.T.O.P:The songs are something that came out by voluntarily by instinct rather than through complicated thoughts but then we became highly successful at new age. At the same time we are even a sensible young people who wish to do music. In between our play we go through much of emotions which we try to express and also seek our goals. But as we distance ourselves to establish a view about our lives, it seems like I`m starting to see a big show and beholding my goals more clearly. That`s why I wanted to serve those listening to my music to be positive and get a seed of that force to me and to those people.10: Your confidence seems to truly "knockout" the odds (Laugh). There may be people that will be sharpening their blades, ready to attempt what you do, whenever you and GD go on stage. What`s your plan?T.O.P:Our blades are sharper. (Laugh) Source: 10Asia via bigbangupdates

No comments:

Post a Comment