Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sounds Like Something I Would Do: !010: Year in Review

2010, I look like you left me in the dust.In January I ran my first marathon by the blessing of God. I too went to Passion 2010 with sweet friends and was jolted by the vast poverty facing people about the man today.February was the start time I led a Discipleship Now group. 18 girls in one (large) house in Houston. It was both ambitious and deeply encouraging. My dear grandmother passed away.

I will always remember the memories made in her final days.March was my first meeting with the mass of the projects in inner-city Bryan. There began a beautiful friendship with three girls (ages 6, 9, 11) and their many cousins.In April I ran a 5k for Compassion International.May I was a part-time nanny for three precious children and developed a new thankfulness for this single, childless stage of life.June was filled with typical summer activities.swimming, arts & crafts, movies.and a road trip out to Pace Bend in Austin for the weekend.In July I touched in with the generous family I nanny-ed for and said goodby to friends who affected to Guatemala for 15 months to learn at an orphanage.August marked the start of my final semester at Texas A&M University. Those 4 (and a half) years flew by. I was also adamant about permanently moving to Africa come December to wish for orphans. The Master had other plans. I moved into a new home with girls of all ages (18-24) and lettered the genuine significance of community.September I considered training again for the Houston marathon and decided rather to hunker down and make sure I would graduate.October my roommate organized an art show in Belton to advance money for Compassion's Child Survival Program. We road-tripped it out to her home for the night and enjoyed s'mores and the Back of Life.November I studied my butt off for my finance class and rested with a full tummy thankful to be surrounded by house and safe food.December I interviewed with Teach For America (final conclusion to be posted Jan 18), graduated with a B.B.A. in management, and stirred backwards in with the rents in Alabama.I'm expecting big things from you, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment