Monday, March 7, 2011

look what you've done

Spent the weekend out of town staying with Casual Boy. Went did a day travel to Oxford on the Sat as I have never been. He has a protagonist who is studying there, and she took us to the Oxford boat races (rowing), on the river. It is a fairly cool event and something I've never seen before. Each college has their own boat home and team and it was a fun atmosphere, though very cold!

The township is very picturesque as well, and generally it only made me smell so academically inferior!

I made the change back into London this morning, and directly into work. I look like I shoule be more stock than I am, but I ever come awake at night when I should be considering sleep. I'm angry at the second because our washing machine is leaking and so is our kitchen sink - clearly something is blocked. I rang the management agency, but they are having terrible trouble getting hold of the landlord to get it fixed. It is very irritating me. I reported the washing machine on Friday, and only found out near the sink tonight, and they say they will promise me back but never do. I prize the management people are doing their best to try and touch the multitude who *should* be fixing it, but at the same time, it leaves us in a inconvenient position. They have never been useless in the past so I don't wish to strike the worst, but if I haven't heard from them by mid-afternoon tomorrow, I'm going ninja on them.

Hopefully I'm shaping myself up for a quiet week. I haven't even opened my university books and my course started last week, so that is tomorrow night's plan. Wednesday, I am off to the theatre with canadian_turtle to see Matthew Fox and Olivia Williams in In a Forest, Dark and Deep (by Neil LaBute - a playwright I have enjoyed in the past), and so I'm going to make a weekend in London without Casual Boy (as he is running a marathon on Sunday and has some other material to do on the weekend). I'm going to use it to get up with stuff, and perhaps some friends here in the city. I find so confused at the moment, plus the few spare hours I've been working each week. But I guess I signed up for this life!

I did however finally get round to sending my father's birthday present today (Spooks, series 9), and also pre-registered my concern for Olympics tickets. I do aim to be here in 2012, all going to project so I desire to get some event tickets (fingers crossed), if they aren't too expensive.

So for the remainder of the night, it is a shower, and curled up in bed to see some TV shows. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment